Professional Development Mini-Grants
Note: The application period is typically open in September. Contact your building committee member for application perior.
If not selected in October, grant applications may be resubmitted in November or April.Download for a fillable PDF document:
Email completed forms to your building's PD committee member.Teachers in the Sitka School District are eligible to receive up to $1,500 to offset the registration, travel and/or per diem costs necessary to attend a conference/learning opportunity requiring travel outside of Sitka. The SSD PD Committee typically has a total of $18,000 to award to teachers every year.
Consideration will be given for the following:
- The frequency that the applicant has traveled to conferences via the school district
- How the conference/learning opportunity relates to the applicants teaching position and district goals
- When travel occurs and if you are traveling as part of a team
- Your rationale as to how this will positively impact you
If you are interested in submitting an application download from the link above and email to your building PD Committee Member by the closing date of the application period:
- BES: Marlie Loomis
- KGH: Megan Bahrt
- SHS: Jody Smothers-Marcello
- DO: Phil Burdick
- Admin: Laura Rogers & Jill LeCrone
- Teachers selected to receive a PD Mini-Grant will be eligible to be reimbursed for a conference/learning opportunity attended within the fiscal year of the conference/learning opportunity.
- The Mini-Grants are not available for credit classes
- The learning opportunity can include visiting with colleagues outside of Sitka to collaborate on a project or learning goal