Mary Wegner, Ed.D.
Welcome to the Sitka School District's website! I am honored to be the superintendent of a district and community so committed to each student. We live in an area of abundant beauty, and the learning experiences we offer our students are enhanced through our numerous and vital community partnerships. We strive to make learning relevant and engaging, and 83% of our alumni agree that we graduate students prepared for life! The Sitka School District is the second largest employer in Sitka, and 27% of our teachers and staff are our graduates, which means that investing in the Sitka School District is investing in the future of Sitka.
Dr. Wegner's Local, State, and National Leadership Positions and Honors:
- League of Innovative Schools Coalition Member - 2015 to present
- Alaska Society for Technology in Education (ASTE) President's Award Recipient - 2015
- White House Summit on Technology in Education Honoree - 2015
- Alaska State Council on the Arts (ASCA) Council Member - 2014 to present
- Southeast Regional Resource Center (SERRC) Board Member - 2014 to present
- Alaska Arts Education Consortium (AAEC) Board of Trustee Member - 2013
- ASCA Arts Educational Advisory Committee Member - 2013 to present
- ASTE Past-President - President for the 2012 Conference
- Easter Group Secretary - 2012 to present
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Making IT Happen Award Recipient - 2010
- ISTE Advocacy Committee Member - 2006 to present
- ISTE/Consortium for School Networking (CoSN) Joint Policy Committee Member - 2006 to 2013
- EdTech Action Network (ETAN) Co-Chair for Alaska - 2004 to 2013