Mary Wegner, Ed.D.
Welcome to the Sitka School District's website! I am honored to be the superintendent of a district and community so committed to each student. We live in an area of abundant beauty, and the learning experiences we offer our students are enhanced through our numerous and vital community partnerships. We strive to make learning relevant and engaging, and 83% of our alumni agree that we graduate students prepared for life! The Sitka School District is the second largest employer in Sitka, and 29% of our teachers and staff and 74% of our elected officials are our graduates, which means that investing in the Sitka School District is investing in the future of Sitka.
Dr. Wegner's Local, State, and National Leadership Positions and Honors:
- League of Innovative Schools Coalition Member - 2015 to present
- Alaska Society for Technology in Education (ASTE) President's Award Recipient - 2007 and 2015
- White House Summit on Technology in Education Honoree - 2015
- Alaska State Council on the Arts (ASCA) Council Member - 2014 to present
- Southeast Regional Resource Center (SERRC) Board Member - 2014 to present
- Alaska Arts Education Consortium (AAEC) Board of Trustee Member - 2013
- ASCA Arts Educational Advisory Committee Member - 2013 to present
- ASTE Board Member including being President for the 2012 Conference - 2002 to 2006, and 2010 to 2015
- Sitka Outreach and Support: Lifeline Secretary - 2012 to present
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Making IT Happen Award Recipient - 2010
- ISTE Advocacy Committee Member - 2006 to 2018
- ISTE/Consortium for School Networking (CoSN) Joint Policy Committee Member - 2006 to 2013
- EdTech Action Network (ETAN) Co-Chair for Alaska - 2004 to 2013