Full-time enrollment status specifies a student is enrolled with REACH in at least 4 core courses (secondary students) or 4 hours per day (elementary students) and may not be enrolled in another public school in the state of Alaska.
Part-time enrollment status specifies a student is enrolled in another Alaska school district and REACH, provided that at least 50 percent of the student’s coursework taken through REACH is in core courses. State regulations prohibit students from enrolling in the same course(s) at both REACH and another school. Core courses must also be in two different subject areas.
A student enrolled in both a Sitka School District school and REACH for 1 or more courses is considered a shared student. Ask REACH for more information regarding shared-student enrollment opportunities.
- Reside in the City and Borough Sitka (proof of residency may be required).
- Complete enrollment online at www.sitkaschools.org or at the REACH office.
- Sign verification that student is not enrolled in any other public school in the State of Alaska.
- Pay $50.00 initial enrollment fee for use of Lending Library materials for duration of enrollment in REACH.
- Submit an Individual Learning Plan (ILP) on or before September 15th of the enrolling school year.
- Complete Progress Reports and submit work samples on a quarterly basis (October, December, March and May).
- Update REACH monthly on student progress via email, phone, scheduled meeting, and quarterly Progress Reports. At-Risk students check in weekly.
- Participate in all state and district mandated assessments particular to the student’s grade level.
Immunization/Proof-of-Age Requirements for Enrollment
All State of Alaska guidelines for immunizations apply to REACH students. Waivers for religious/medical reasons are available. Proof of age is required for all students in Kindergarten, First Grade, and any student new to the district. Kindergartners must be 5 years old by September 1st of the enrolling year.
REACH maintains open enrollment for students throughout the school year. Students may enroll in the REACH program through the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development count period to be guaranteed allotment allocations.
Families who enroll by September 25th are eligible for full allotment allocations. Families who enroll during the October count period will be eligible for pro-rated allotment allocations at 5% for each verified day of enrollment during the count period. Families who enroll after the count period will not receive an allotment but will have full access to Lending Library materials, laptop checkout, and all other REACH services.
A $50.00 refundable deposit is due upon enrollment for use of the Lending Library. This deposit is refundable when materials are returned and coursework is completed. This guideline includes single-course enrollments. A sliding scale for financial hardship is available.View the REACH Handbook for more information regarding enrollment options, allotment allocation funds, and program requirements.