Professional Development Mini-Grants
Note: The application period is currently open until September 14th, 2015.
If not selected in October, grant applications may be resubmitted in
November or April.
Teachers in the Sitka School District are eligible to receive up to $1,500 to offset the registration, travel and/or per diem costs necessary to attend a conference/learning opportunity requiring travel outside of Sitka. The SSD PD Committee has a total of $18,000 to award to teachers for the 2015-16 school year.
Consideration will be given for the following:
- The frequency that the applicant has traveled to conferences via the school district
- How the conference/learning opportunity relates to the applicants teaching position and district goals
- When travel occurs and if you are traveling as part of a team
- Your rationale as to how this will positively impact you
If you are interested in submitting an application download from the link above and email to your building PD Committee Member by the closing date of the application period:
- BES: Jacquie Hedrick
- KGH: Mindy Barry
- BMS: Bridgett Whitcomb
- SHS: Jody Smothers-Marcello
- PHS: Hillary Seeland
- DO: Phil Burdick
- For the 2015-16 school year, teachers selected to receive a PD Mini-Grant will be eligible to be reimbursed for a conference/learning opportunity attended since July 1, 2015
- The Mini-Grants are not available for credit classes
- The learning opportunity can include visiting with colleagues outside of Sitka to collaborate on a project or learning goal